Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #148
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
A lot of his problems were a lack of protection and a pocket that consistently broke down too quickly .... Its easy to have good footwork when you have no heat on but put a LB or DE in a guys face and that all changes.

He made a lot of plays with his feet at NC ....

As for the game plan , I dont want to see them run on first down early in the game because I think teams will lean twards defending the run thinking that the will play conservative.
Go out there and make them respect the deep ball from the get go , even if its an incompletion they have it in their minds that Yates will let it fly from that point on.
I saw more than a few plays when his protection was fairly solid and at times seemed to just rush the throw. Because his footwork wasn't sound the ball would be thrown at receivers feet. He possesses the qualities you want in a good QB and like I said I think those things are correctable. We'll have to start throwing the ball down the field at some point, just to keep the safeties out of the box. Kubiak is no fool and I trust him so I will agree that fans will be surprised to see Yates throw it often in the 1st QTR and then let Foster and Tate go to work.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote