View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #122
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Who said I didn't offer him a bonus? That's his cap hit. I could have given him $40 million dollars to take that deal.

Cap hit & bonus...... cap hit & salary.... cap hit & value of contract, it's all very fluid. That's my point. I can give him a $40 million bonus, sign him to 8 years & work it so that his cap hit is $5 million a year, or I could have the majority of the bonus accrue in the first three years ($13.3 M) with a $13.3 Million Salary over the next 3 years. & pay the rest off in roster bonuses & what not & the final two years of the contract. I could straight up cut him before year 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 with no dead money.
Cap your ****. We donlt have the cap space to sign MW without cutting many more impact players from the roster. MW will NOT be a Texan in 2012. As long as he goes out of division and, hopefully conference, we'll be OK.