View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Peter King: Leinart injury takes air out of Texans' lofty playoff hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
As far as the post-game remarks by Kubes, the one thing I didn't like was his criticism about the lack of effectiveness of the running game in the second half.

Dude, as much as their team mostly sucks overall, Jax has a pretty good defense... and it was YOUR play calling that let all 11 of their players put a bullseye on #23. That's as much on Foster, Yates or the O-line as it is on the coaches. Now maybe that play calling was justified under the circumstances, figuring your defense had a better chance to win the game for you than Yates had... but your play calling, justified or not, is what allowed the Jax defense to eat up Foster for the entire second half. An NFL defense, especially a pretty good one, can stop almost anyone if they know what's going to be called.

Calling out your running game there was bush league, IMO. If I'm someone's boss and I set them up to fail, I'm not going to humiliate them in public for failing. It's more on me than on them.

As for Yates, he doesn't even have to be real good -- just decent at passing and decision-making, and trusted enough to open up the running game and let the defense rest a bit.
How did Jacksonville's run game look? The Jags played the NFLs #1 Defense, the #2 run defense without a passing game & still picked up 100 yards.