View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #120
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
A couple things:

1. Free Agents- The money not spent on Mario will likely be allocated to other free agents.
Whatever we pay Mario is not the end-all be-all about what Free agents we can sign. It's more about his cap hit, which is more like funny money. I'm sure there are some guidelines, but a creative capologist can make Mario's cap number very Texans friendly if Mario & his agent agrees.

As an agent/player, I'm more worried about my bonus, the guaranteed money, & the yearly break down. I'll sign a ten year contract to get the Cap number down, as long as the pay-out guarantees a big payday in four years or force a renegotiation.

Like Mario's six year deal. If it weren't for the lock-out, they probably would have redone Mario's contract in the off season. They did "however" renegotiate Schaub's to fit Jjo & Manning under the cap, so it's possible that the Texans aren't sure they want to keep Mario.

So who knows?