View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #112
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
I think for the most part you know what you have in Mario the man, Mario the 4-3 DE, just not Mario the 3-4 LB'er. Are you saying in 4 games we've seen all he has to offer from that position? I am aware Mario isn't bulletproof, the he's a human being bound to make mistakes or not live up to someone's lofty expectations. All I'm saying is the guy isn't a zero or a negative to this team. He is a definite plus and to cast him out as useless is unwise.
We know what we're going to get with Mario. If you want that on your team, make him an offer & see if he takes.

Mario is a football player. A complete DE & looked like he was going to be a special OLB.

Imagine Mario, Barwin, & Reed in a defensive rotation, the offense would never get a break. Then on particular situations... If you want a 5 man front, you can put Mario at the 5 with Watt at the nose, Smith at the 3, with Reed & Barwin on the outside.

In response to the 6 year $72Million contract, that could be $6 million against the cap for the first 2 years, $9 million for the 3rd, $12 million for the 4th with the remaining $39 million to be accrued in the last 2 years of the contract. But.... if your GM is smart, & the players agent, you'll renegotiate that contract before year 5 or you cut/trade him.