View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #107
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Yeah, I tend to agree with you. I know we've spent numerous consecutive high draft picks on the D and we need to focus on other areas. I'm hoping we see some high picks on WR or take a stab at something to shore up our QB position. I think we need to get something in return for Mario eventually. I don't pretend to know the particulars of the NFL CBA, but I hate to see this team let Mario walk for nothing in return. I think the guy can make a big impact on this team still and hopefully at the right price. We have some nice young talent, but they aren't exactly proven.
A couple things:

1. Free Agents- The money not spent on Mario will likely be allocated to other free agents.

2. Depending on how many FAs we sign relative to how many we lose, Mario loss could net us a 3rd round compensatory pick.