View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #106
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Yeah, I tend to agree with you. I know we've spent numerous consecutive high draft picks on the D and we need to focus on other areas. I'm hoping we see some high picks on WR or take a stab at something to shore up our QB position. I think we need to get something in return for Mario eventually. I don't pretend to know the particulars of the NFL CBA, but I hate to see this team let Mario walk for nothing in return. I think the guy can make a big impact on this team still and hopefully at the right price. We have some nice young talent, but they aren't exactly proven.
Dale is putting it about right when he mentions what Charles Johnson got last off season, and that will certainly be what Mario wants at minimum. I wouldn't want to pay Mario even that honestly. Mario still has a big name and there will be a team that will pay him a lot, and I don't want to make that mistake again. I agree that we should try to somehow lock him up to be able to trade him and get something though. I'm right with ya there man.

As much as I'd like to continue to build this team all around, I want to use at least one more draft and focus mainly on defense. I love having a lights out defense like this and we can still keep getting better. I want to have the best defensive team in the league.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote