View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #105
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'm not saying that it's because Mario is gone if that's what you felt I was stating. No I"m not saying that because Mario did start off the season looking like he was going to have the best season of his career. He got hurt pretty early though, so we can't really say either way. My thing is that we're having the best pass rush we've ever had by far whether he's in there or not, so Mario is not "a need" here anymore. That much has been proven as the Texans are one of the best pass rushing teams in the entire NFL. Paying Mario ridiculous money simply isn't a financial investment we should take on when we can severely upgrade at DT somehow, upgrade at WR, or get another stud in the secondary. We can still find some GEMS for our pass rush in the draft as well, but I no longer want to pay Mario Williams all this cash when it isn't warranted and we can upgrade in other areas. Right now our pass rush is amongst the top of the league without Mario. Lets fix other positions now and get something for him or let him walk.
Yeah, I tend to agree with you. I know we've spent numerous consecutive high draft picks on the D and we need to focus on other areas. I'm hoping we see some high picks on WR or take a stab at something to shore up our QB position. I think we need to get something in return for Mario eventually. I don't pretend to know the particulars of the NFL CBA, but I hate to see this team let Mario walk for nothing in return. I think the guy can make a big impact on this team still and hopefully at the right price. We have some nice young talent, but they aren't exactly proven.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote