View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #103
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm actually with you in this regard. Barwin and Reed are a waaaaay better value. Personally, at the end of the day, I think we've seen Mario's last game as a Texan. That said, I like Mario a lot but the question is (as you pointed out) should the Texans hamstring their "cap" for Mario??? I think, NO!
If the 3-4 defense didn't look that good or if Mario was playing DE in a 3-4, then I would be more apt to re-sign him. However, the 3-4 looks great and he's not going to start at DE in the 3-4. Therefore, he simply doesn't have the value for us that he will for some 4-3 teams with a struggling pass rush.