View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #102
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Are you kidding me with this pointing out who said what about Mario?? If you re-read my post you'd realize I said, "All I'm saying is Mario isn't a negative or a zero", referring to myself, though he certainly has his detractors. You'd also realize I am basically in agreement with you; however, I disagree with this assertion that the D-line is beasting as a result of Mario's absence. Do you really discount a new D-coordinator who knows how to scheme a respectable defense or the addition of Jonathan Joseph, who has been touted around these parts as the best FA signing in Texans history, vastly improving the play of the secondary (which in turn improves the D-line play).
I'm not saying that it's because Mario is gone if that's what you felt I was stating. No I"m not saying that because Mario did start off the season looking like he was going to have the best season of his career. He got hurt pretty early though, so we can't really say either way. My thing is that we're having the best pass rush we've ever had by far whether he's in there or not, so Mario is not "a need" here anymore. That much has been proven as the Texans are one of the best pass rushing teams in the entire NFL. Paying Mario ridiculous money simply isn't a financial investment we should take on when we can severely upgrade at DT somehow, upgrade at WR, or get another stud in the secondary. We can still find some GEMS for our pass rush in the draft as well, but I no longer want to pay Mario Williams all this cash when it isn't warranted and we can upgrade in other areas. Right now our pass rush is amongst the top of the league without Mario. Lets fix other positions now and get something for him or let him walk.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote