View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #98
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Would you like to point out where anyone called him a negative or a zero?? I haven't seen anyone say anything close to that. The only thing being stated is that he isn't worth the money he'll demand, and quite frankly he damn sure hasn't been worth the money he has been paid for years here, because over all our pass rush has been pathetic until this season where he isn't playing. I think that's pretty telling when we're having our best season as far as a pass rush goes when Mario isn't out there. And a new system doesn't change things when Mario's main role has been to simply rush the passer over the years.

Whether you believe Mario is a great player or not, doesn't change the fact that we have a great pass rush without him in there and right now the guys that are in there all have non stop motors from what I can see so far. These guys go all out on every play and that is something that simply isn't in Mario for 4 quarters. These guys aren't being paid anywhere near what Mario is or will be paid and they're extremely motivated to become big time players for more money as oppose to a guy that is already bloated rich and will be looking to get more rich on his next contract. No thanks.
Are you kidding me with this pointing out who said what about Mario?? If you re-read my post you'd realize I said, "All I'm saying is Mario isn't a negative or a zero", referring to myself, though he certainly has his detractors. You'd also realize I am basically in agreement with you; however, I disagree with this assertion that the D-line is beasting as a result of Mario's absence. Do you really discount a new D-coordinator who knows how to scheme a respectable defense or the addition of Jonathan Joseph, who has been touted around these parts as the best FA signing in Texans history, vastly improving the play of the secondary (which in turn improves the D-line play).
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote