View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #97
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Good of you to pat yourself on the back and all. I don't plan to sway your opinion as you've made it abundantly (annoyingly?) clear where you stand on Mario. I'm not some myopic fan thinking we need to break the bank on him. I said franchise him and go from there. Trade him if it makes sense, but don't just cut him loose for zilch. The guy has talent and may find Wade Phillips is a great motivator for him.
Mario would count $17 million against the cap if we franchised him. It would destroy our off-season and disable our ability to sign and extend Foster and/or Schaub. We will either have to sign him to another long term deal or we will have to let him walk.