View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #96
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
The argument presented in the original post was that Connor Barwin is better than Mario due to the face that Barwin has had a 4 sack game and Mario has not and that Mario can't do some things Barwin can. He didn't mention a thing about money, simply that Barwin: better than mario? Yes! Because he's had a 4 sack game and can do things Mario can't.

Since you've backed up dale this far, are you willing to say that Barwin is better than Mario?
I've been on Dale's side of this for a while and if people weren't so blinded with Mario's "first pick of the draft" status, and had Mario been some 2nd round pick of that draft a lot of people would agree possibly.

Is Barwin better than Mario?? I'm not sure about that, because Barwin has hardly been able to play. He hardly got to play as a rookie and than got hurt last season. I know that this year so far while he has had to be in rotation unlike what Mario has had to do for several years, Barwin is looking more explosive and like a better consistent pass rusher than Mario has ever been. Does Mario have more potential?? Probably so, but one thing I will say without any hesitation is that Barwin plays way harder than Mario does on a play after play basis. People can try to ignore the fact that Mario doesn't go all out 100% of the time, but I will not. The scouts warned people of this when he came out of college and that's who he is. I don't have to have that worry about Barwin or these other young guys who have a lot to prove right now. Mario doesn't have a lot to prove because he's been treated like a god in Houston since he was drafted.

I don't think I'd say that Barwin is better at this point, but I'll definitely say that I'd rather have Barwin going forward. He's very capable of being an impact player consistently, he goes all out on every play, and he'll play here for a smaller contract.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote