View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #94
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Don't pay inconsistent players who can't stay healthy and have a questionable motor a lot of money. I'm not sure why this is so upsetting to so many people. Mario is a bit of an underachiever given his athletic ability. Enjoying the under-appreciated player succeed at a high level is something I would think people would embrace. Charles Johnson received a 6 year $72 million contract this year. Would you really give that to Mario? Why? We don't need the guy. Barwin and Reed are clearly good enough to be impact players on an elite defense. Barwin's going to have double digit sacks this season. He's likely to finish with more sacks than Mario ever has, with the exception of 2007. Hmm... who would've predicted Barwin would make this kind of impact? Oh, yeah, ME!
Good of you to pat yourself on the back and all. I don't plan to sway your opinion as you've made it abundantly (annoyingly?) clear where you stand on Mario. I'm not some myopic fan thinking we need to break the bank on him. I said franchise him and go from there. Trade him if it makes sense, but don't just cut him loose for zilch. The guy has talent and may find Wade Phillips is a great motivator for him.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote