View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #93
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

No way Barwin is better than Mario - he just does, what he does extremely well. On at least one of his sacks against Jax he wasn`t blocked at all - he isn`t getting the same kind of attention from the other teams that Mario got (yeah, he also got some of his sacks against TEs...). But that`s ok - with him and Reeds on the outside and Watt and Smith on the inside, we are having a great pass rush. So don`t we need Mario?

I just wanna say this: you don`t let a talent that is in so high regards in this league just walk away. Yeah he is inconsistent and injury prone, but he is still a physical monster that gets a ton of attention. For me there is no question: extend his contract (of course within reason).

We don`t have to keep him for the whole contract - I am pretty sure some teams would love to have him and would throw in some nice assets to get their hands on a premier pass rusher.

But in the end - Id like to see Mario, Barwin and Reed as a three headed monster with one year of experience in a 3-4 next year. Im pretty sure, that the pass rush is fixed for the foreseeable future.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote