View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #91
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Mario is obviously a better overall talent, but it's actually hard to argue against the OP. Barwin not only had the 4 sacks, but also had 10 overall tackles... Thats a pretty dadgum day.

So maybe it breaks down like this: Mario is a better athlete, but maybe Barwin is a better "football player"..
I wouldn't even go that far... yet. But, Barwin is better for our system, I think. If you go back and review the game, those 4 sacks came in a limited number of rushes, because Barwin also dropped in coverage quite a bit... and was effective in doing so. It is that last element that separates him in my opinion... not to mention the fact that he counts $13 million less against the cap this year than Mario does.