Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #134
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

For starters, I thought Yates played extremely well considering the circumstances. It was really surprising to him throwing during his initial drive, and be pretty accurate, as well as make smart decisions.

BUT

I think it would also be fair to point out that both of Jacksonville's starting corners were out. It's funny because I thought we should have passed a tad more than run yesterday - even with Leinart - because that Jags run d is legit. Everytime we made a move to pass the ball - and I don't mean the check downs to Foster - we were effective.

Also, the knock on Yates was that he had a weak arm coming out of college. His accuracy always seemed to struggle on deep routes, and he would have trouble putting the proper velocity on routes like deep outs and comebacks. I have faith in him though because his strengths lie in the ability to make the proper reads on quick throws. He was known for fitting it in tight windows on short and intermediate routes, which is perfect considering how our offense goes about things.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote