View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #19
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peter King: Leinart injury takes air out of Texans' lofty playoff hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Our ship sailed the minute Schaub broke his foot. Leinart wasn't going to win a superbowl, and neither is Yates. We'll probably make the playoffs, but do you really think either one of those guys had a chance against a Packers defense?
Maybe, maybe not. But in reality, what I think we're experiencing this year is almost a 180 from years past. In the past, the Texans seemed to find ways to regularly lose games they should have won. This year, they are finding ways to *win* despite all the injuries which have made many lose hope for the year.

AJ, Mario, Manning, Schaub, Leinart... the list goes on. Each one feels like a mortal blow, but since that's happened, the Texans have done nothing but *win*. So yeah, this feels like a cursed or snakebit team, but it's at least one that finds ways to win rather than ways to lose. I'll worry about the playoffs when the time comes. Now my concern is Atlanta, then Cincy, and so forth until the playoffs (and hopefully the division) are clinched. THEN I will start pondering playoffs.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote