View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #49
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So we need two more wins....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Nobody wants to see our team slaughtered in the playoffs.

But you are completely fooling yourself if you think this city shares your pessimism about making it to the playoffs. That would be a glorious week (or two if we get a bye) and peace, harmony, and rainbows would be coming out of our butts as we hold hands roasting marshmallows while sining kum-by-yah as a fanbase.

We are still taking 'baby steps'. We need a first-time-to-make-the-playoffs-in-franchise-history moment as a team and fanbase, regardless of how it ultimately pans out. You don't scream at your baby when he takes his first steps because you're upset that he's not doing cross country hurdles.

Relax. Enjoy the moment. We're 8-3, two games ahead in our division. That's a first right there. Appreciate where we're at after where we've been for so long. Savor it.

There will be plenty of time for hand-wringing in the future, so don't lose sight of enjoying the moment as a fan.

I have been waiting for the day to purchase my Texans flag for my car, and drive around proudly in DFW. Don't care if we get slaughtered in the playoffs. I just want to look at my TV guide and see the Houston Texans vs. "___" for a playoff game. It will be sweet.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote