View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #73
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is this still a playoffs or else year for Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Like I said, it's just the "Anyone" part that bugs me. If you got a better man for the job, let us know who he is. Hell, I might agree with you.

But "Anyone"?
Would you want Andy Reid in here?
Norv Turner?
Jim Caldwell?
Shanny Sr.??
Pete Carroll...??
Jim Mora...? Jim Mora Jr.
Brian Billick...?? (ummm, maybe )

I'll stand pat with "Team Wary" if those are my choices.
The "Anyone" is, IMO, a bit of tongue-in-cheek paying homage to the Anybody But Obama 2012 bumper sticker.

To me, it's really more of an ultimatum than signifying we'd be happy with Cher or John Madden or just any bum on the street coaching the team. I'll tell you guys this...after watching the Tom Landry episode of the A Football Life on NFL Network, it's kinda' similar to what Kubiak is going through right now. The patterns are almost identical. Still, 6 years is a long time in this day and age.

It's an attempt at levity, which I think is really lost on a lot of people here. I know for a fact that there is a few guys on here who have been very outspoken how they dislike ANY humorous posts in the TexansTalk forum because they think it should be nothing but serious discussion and little whipper-snappers are using it as their Quick Wit Playground.

Don't make me post the Lighten Up, Francis pic....