View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #68
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is this still a playoffs or else year for Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I guess what actually bugs me about the sig is the "Anyone" part. I can think of a whole list of guys that would have us in worse shape than Kubiak. When you used to sport the pro-Cowher sig, I could totally understand that. Guy has a good rep, he's smart, he's a player motivator. But "Anyone"...?

Anyway, I respect that you're giving a fair assessment regarding this year's team.

Should Kubiak have been gone at the end of last year? Even I have to say, "yes". I was never going to sport the soap but I wouldn't have been surprised if McNair had shown him the door.

Should he be fired based on this year's performance. Not if you're fair about it. Besides, as TexanMike said, who you gonna bring in that could get more out of this team than the staff has this season.

If folks are still holding grudges from previous years, well then nothing he can do will erase the past. Those folks will always "hate" on him.
I think I've been very fair about Kubiak. I haven't said much about him this season, and I'll be fine with him coming back next season, because for the first time in history he has over achieved with a team and they've played like a true contender. Maybe I'll drop the sig soon, but not yet. I worry a lot about how one season can make people forget about the previous 5 though. But this year, I almost want to root for the guy to keep his job only because the injuries are maybe the worst I've seen in history in one season and we've still played well throughout that and that's mainly because of the defense, but we're playing at a high level regardless and that's all I've ever wanted to see. If Kubiak can have this team playing at a consistency like this again next season, than I might start liking the guy. I've got to see some longevity though, and this year I'll give Kubiak a A as far as how he has been able to have this team ready to play. You know my opinions and posting history as well as anyone Obi, and you've got to admit that it's pretty crazy to see me giving Kubiak an "A" this year. And I'm very happy to do it man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yup, that's exactly what it boils down to . . . people holding a grudge because Kubiak wasn't fired.

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching them all choke to death on all that crow they going to be forced to eat.

You never cease to amaze me Marcus. You've been far off on this team for years and yet you still have the adacity to talk about all these other people eating crow. It's like hearing Ndamukong Suh go on a tirade about player safety and being a good sport. You've still got years of crow sitting your pantry buddy. Chomp away.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote