View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #66
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 223239 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is this still a playoffs or else year for Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I really don't care what anyone thinks about the sig. Never have. I'll sport it until I feel it should go down and Gary has more than one good season to make up for the last 5 that were negative ones. Like I said, I wouldn't be upset at all if he was fired. He should have been two years ago.

I'm willing to ease off the gas pedal though after what I've seen this season and I don't think he "should" be fired after I've seen the team over achieve this season. Way to much adversity of injuries to blame the coach for anything this time around. Bottom line is that I know that he won't be fired so it doesn't really matter any way.

For the people saying that people would still be begging to have Gary fired if we won the Lombardi trophy are completely full of it and sensationalizing things as usual.
I guess what actually bugs me about the sig is the "Anyone" part. I can think of a whole list of guys that would have us in worse shape than Kubiak. When you used to sport the pro-Cowher sig, I could totally understand that. Guy has a good rep, he's smart, he's a player motivator. But "Anyone"...?

Anyway, I respect that you're giving a fair assessment regarding this year's team.

Should Kubiak have been gone at the end of last year? Even I have to say, "yes". I was never going to sport the soap but I wouldn't have been surprised if McNair had shown him the door.

Should he be fired based on this year's performance. Not if you're fair about it. Besides, as TexanMike said, who you gonna bring in that could get more out of this team than the staff has this season.

If folks are still holding grudges from previous years, well then nothing he can do will erase the past. Those folks will always "hate" on him.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote