View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #80
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I think we've got plenty of guys that can rush the passer now to where we don't need to resign Mario, and can use that money on other positions to make this football team overall a better team.

To Mario's defense though, he did start off the season looking great and he didn't exactly get his full season to show how well he'd look in this new defense for a full season.
I can agree with some of this. I wouldn't put too much stock into what happened @Jacksonville. Impressive, don't get me wrong I'm not saying any different.

But, I will say what I've said all year long. When we play a team with a decent offense if we can't get pressure without blitzing, we're going to be in trouble.

Doesn't mean that we would get pressure with Mario, just that I think our odds are better with Barwin, Reed, & Mario. That just sounds like an awesome rotation to me. Something Mario has never had his whole career here. Which is why he play's hurt, because we never got help from the other guys. Mario was never the problem.

Again, if Barwin & Reed continue to impress, I'm open to life without Mario. I just don't think we've reached a point (yet) to say Mario is expendable.