Originally Posted by JWarren14
Just re-watched all of Yates snaps from yesterday:
14 Runs Plays = 33 Yards
16 Pass Plays = 73 Yards
1. Complete to OD - 5 Yards
2. Complete to JJ -10 Yards
3. Incomplete - Dropped snap, threw it away, smart play to not force it
4. Complete to OD - 24 Yards stepped up into the blitz for biggest completion
5. Incomplete - Pocket broke down, nowhere to go, threw it away (grounding)
6. Spike for FG Attempt
7. Incomplete - A little late, but hit OD in the facemask
8. Incomplete - Low pass to AJ on slant
9. Incomplete - Pressured, threw it away
10. Complete - 3 Yards Pressured in end zone, complete to OD
11. Complete - 14 Yards Clean pocket complete to AJ in between 4 defenders
12. Complete - 8 Yards to AJ
13. Play broke down, ran for 1st down but came up a yard or so short.
14. Incomplete - A little late and behind OD
15. Complete - 1 Yard Check down to Foster
16. Complete - 5 Yard Check down to Foster
The highlighted plays might not have ammounted to much but but each was an opportunity to make a mistake. He made none.
I'd like to think the series prior to halftime gives us an indication of what we can expect from Yates
- He came in throwing and got them in scoring range in the two minute drill. The offense looked much like what we have come to expect with Schaub under center during that series.
Despite the grounding call , I think he played well given the circumstances.