Re: TJ Yates
Just re-watched all of Yates snaps from yesterday:
14 Runs Plays = 33 Yards
16 Pass Plays = 73 Yards
1. Complete to OD - 5 Yards
2. Complete to JJ -10 Yards
3. Incomplete - Dropped snap, threw it away, smart play to not force it
4. Complete to OD - 24 Yards stepped up into the blitz for biggest completion
5. Incomplete - Pocket broke down, nowhere to go, threw it away (grounding)
6. Spike for FG Attempt
7. Incomplete - A little late, but hit OD in the facemask
8. Incomplete - Low pass to AJ on slant
9. Incomplete - Pressured, threw it away
10. Complete - 3 Yards Pressured in end zone, complete to OD
11. Complete - 14 Yards Clean pocket complete to AJ in between 4 defenders
12. Complete - 8 Yards to AJ
13. Play broke down, ran for 1st down but came up a yard or so short.
14. Incomplete - A little late and behind OD
15. Complete - 1 Yard Check down to Foster
16. Complete - 5 Yard Check down to Foster
If you take out the spike to stop the clock, that's 15 pass to 14 run plays that I counted. It seems if he can get the timing of the routes down a little more and develop some chemistry with the receivers Yates could be serviceable. He made good decisions and didn't try to force anything. There were quite a few 3rd and longs that we just ran a draw to try and pick up some yardage. Only about 30 snaps of live action, hopefully taking all the reps this week will help with timing, etc. Run game needs to produce more consistently. Will be interesting to watch, at least we control our own destiny.
I drink because the Texans make me.