View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #68
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
also the meat of our schedule while mario was in and he still had the numbers. i find the reed/barwin comparisons funny because how often does mario go completely unblocked? did mario get to rack up sacks against the david "fetal" carr type failure that is blaine gabbart (twice)? did he get to destroy tennessee or "i hope i dont get sacked 3 times in a row" tampa bay?

i've blasted mario plenty, and assumed that he'd fail spectacularly as a linebacker, but he proved me and everybody wrong against our toughest opponents. health is a concern to a very small degree (in the "what have you done for me lately" category), but if healthy he has 12+ sacks at this point and we're a more overwhelming defense.
Please explain "the meat of the schedule"? And quit blowing up the "completely unblocked" excuse. Reed got a couple of sacks against Cleveland unblocked, Barwin got one last night and you're acting like they shouldn't get credit for any of the sacks they have gotten? And yes Mario got at least one of his sacks this year where he was unblocked.

Again, "our toughest opponents"? And since you can tell the future am I goingto win the lottery anytime soon?

This isn't directed at you scooter but another thing. I'm so tired of hearing how since Mario went out the other players up front aren't as effective. And everyone wants to point to A Smith as proof. What no one Pimping that theory wants to recognize is that Smith has been playing with a hurt shoulder that whole time. Also Cushing has been lighting it up so how come Mario's absence hasn't effected his play?

And for the record I'm not agreeing with Dale that Barwin is a better player than Mario. I just think the hype machine about Mario as a LB needs to be turned down a notch. He was not setting the world on fire. He was not looking like the next coming of Ware or Shawne Merriman. He did look like he was starting figure out the position but he was no where near the presence alot of people here declare he was.

Ill tell you what is funny is that most if the people that pointed to his sack total as proof that he was on his way to canton as a LB are now dissing Reed and Barwins sack total.