Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #91
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I also thought that Yates seemed to have a quick release and a decent arm. There wasn't much of a sample size, but thats how it looked to me.
I said after the draft that Yates was the pick I was most excited about besides Watt. He may turn out to be nothing, for he is a 5th round pick, after all. But he has a live arm, a quick release, better mobility than most realize, and he has courage under fire. I like what I've seen from him at UNC and in preseason this year. He's a rookie and he's going to make rookie mistakes. I was sure hoping to see him after a year or two of development become the backup to Schaub, so this is way earlier than I'd hoped for, and I doubt he's ready. Nonetheless, there have been QBs that have been drafted late or signed from some backwoods Arena team and come in to play good football. Kubiak is a good QB coach, so let's see him earn his stripes and put the kid into a position to succeed.

Yates has the tools, but not the experience. So now he'll get the experience on the fast track. It sucks, but that's life in the NFL. I think he can do some good things, and I think he could become a starter in the NFL at some point in his career.