View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011   #54
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
And one of Barwin's sacks was completely unblocked. Are you going to start creating "true" sack numbers? A new stat that factors in matchup of block, coverage down field, quarterback, and blitz scheme?

It's silly to talk down sacks because of the situation. People get sacks when they're not blocked, and sometimes they don't get credit for sacks when they really created the opportunity.

On another note, the constant pushing of your anti-Mario campaign has taken away any credence you have on this subject, regardless of several somewhat accurate points you make.

I was responding to another's post about the competition being better during Mario's starts than it has been. I was simply pointing out the inaccuracy of the statement. One of the reasons for the success on defense this season has been the discipline the OLBs have shown. They have consistently been in position and not over-pursued. At least two of Reed's sacks this season and 1 or 2 of Barwin's today are a direct result of that discipline and not an example of their pass rushing technique... I certainly agree with that.