View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011   #28
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So we need two more wins....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Not saying it because its the "vogue" thing to do. I'm saying it because Buffalo is a tough place to play (especially in December), there will be bad weather there, and the Titans historically don't play well in the state of the New York. While its a desperation game for both teams, I think it sets up better for the Bills seeing as they're coming off of a game they should have won and will be upset and ready to play.

Like I said, I think they lose the next 2 games.
Tennessee plays outdoors, so I don't think that will be much of a problem. Buffalo lost Fred Jackson, while CJ seems to be finding his groove: 23-190 IN THE COLD RAIN. Still, it took a trick play on a kickoff return to put the tAcks on top. I just don't see being able to call this game until it's over. Weather won't be the deciding factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I'm just no longer excited to see the Texans make the playoffs. Yates and Clemens are taking this team nowhere. Who wants to see the Texans slaughtered by the likes of the Steelers or Bengals or Jets in a playoff game at home.
With 5 weeks and 3 less than stellar teams to practice against, I can see Kubiak, if he's at all the QB guru he's portrayed as, getting a good feel for Yates and putting him in situations where he can succeed. I don;t see that as being run-run-pass-punt, either. Yates has a different skill set that he brings to the table, and as long as the game doesn't overwhelm him, Kubes should be able to find a comfort zone and gameplan for it. Right now, Kubes needs to plan to win the winnable games (Carolina, Indy, Tennessee) and make Yates as comfortable as possible. Hell, with our D, we might still run the table. Gotta keep the faith.