View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011   #32
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin: better than mario? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I have believed this for quite some time. Last year's posts were about Antonio Smith being better. Believe me, all the Mario apologists have seen plenty of similar posts early in the year. 5 game winning streak once Mario went down and an upward trend on defense. I wish he was around for depth this year. But, I'll be glad when the year is over and we have the $14 million in cap money to spend elsewhere!
also the meat of our schedule while mario was in and he still had the numbers. i find the reed/barwin comparisons funny because how often does mario go completely unblocked? did mario get to rack up sacks against the david "fetal" carr type failure that is blaine gabbart (twice)? did he get to destroy tennessee or "i hope i dont get sacked 3 times in a row" tampa bay?

i've blasted mario plenty, and assumed that he'd fail spectacularly as a linebacker, but he proved me and everybody wrong against our toughest opponents. health is a concern to a very small degree (in the "what have you done for me lately" category), but if healthy he has 12+ sacks at this point and we're a more overwhelming defense.