View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011   #475
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1759 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I would never disagree with any of that. I absolutely expect the requirements to be as leinent as it is for police officers in general. Either way, I have definitely done a poor job of trying to translate my position so I will go ahead and concede this one despite the confusion. I wish I could have conveyed it better.

One thing, could I have the link where you got that information? I am particularly interested in how they get paid.
My link to this is walking three blocks to the police station at West Chester U., talking to people there about requirements it takes to be a campus police officer, being shown a manual on training and duties.
Being a state funded college, West Chester's requirements are the same as Penn State, only diference is size.
As far as pay, the word state should answer that question. Everyone who works at a state supported college is a state worker and is paid by the state of Pa.

Now for some history.
Up until the '60's the Pa. State Police were responsible for police coverage at state funded schools. During the Veit Nam protests, Pa. formed on campus police forces due to responce time and taking away from other duties of the State Police.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote