View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011   #471
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35 View Post
Requirements to become a law enforcement officer on a college campus in Pa.

1000 hours training. Some college attendence.
Local police receive 1100 hours. No college.

Training in first aid/CPR. defensive driving ,criminal investgation, defense tactics, firearms, criminal law, hassassment and sensitivty, and crime scene training.

Officers working at state supported school such as Penn State or the 13 smaller state supported schools are paid by the State of Pa., making them state employees.

This should put an end to the rent a cop talk.
I would never disagree with any of that. I absolutely expect the requirements to be as leinent as it is for police officers in general. Either way, I have definitely done a poor job of trying to translate my position so I will go ahead and concede this one despite the confusion. I wish I could have conveyed it better.

One thing, could I have the link where you got that information? I am particularly interested in how they get paid.