View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011   #462
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Well... I think we're getting our wires crossed somewhere. Let me try to clarify a little. The city of LaPorte PD or UH-PD (employed by the DPS) and campus police such as HISD or CISD are worlds apart. When I say campus police, I'm referring to police employed by the University or school districts.

They are not worlds apart. They have the exact same set of "powers" across the board (note: What I know about is inside the state of Texas. I assume that this is the same there but who knows). Campus police can do everything that city police can do. They don't have courts or jails because everything they handle goes through the county court and jail but they can handle any investigation that HPD could. In the event that they are faced with something that the do not feel their department has the expertise to handle they can and do request help from the county or in the case of UH for instance HPD. Their juristictions overlap (assuming that whatever crime we're talking about happened on a campus located inside the city of Houston.