View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011   #449
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
try telling that to the Police at La Porte High School. The Campus Police at major Universities are real Policemen. You go to jail when they arrest you. They answer to the Public and use the legal system just like normal Police officers.

I linked a story a few posts back about how Penn State is exempt from the Public Records law so if the Campus Police Department falls under that blanket they may as well be Rent-a-Cops...so I get your point.

The more I see how the PA laws are written to report things like child abuse, and how Penn State isn't legally bound to open their records, it just amazes me to think that somebody let this happen. It's like something out of the Soviet Union...its just arrogantly dirty.
The court of La Ports high school sentences you to 30 to life without the possibility of parole.

Absurd, isn't it? Sure they can arrest you just the same. They ARE an authority figure. Its why I said to an extent. I certainly will not argue with campus police or LaPorteISD cops. That's not what I am referring to. Fyi, Rent-a-cops can shoot and arrest you just the same. When a murder or a rape occurs on campus, the real PD are called. Also another significant difference in campus police because they not only answer to the public but most of all... they answer to the University. I'm betting that's why Sandusy was not arrested that day or any of the others. They're rent-a-cops.

I think I understand why their laws are so screwed up... they have a very "Amish" attitude out there in terms of keeping it in-house.