View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011   #446
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
True to an extent. They are very real policemen but with limited powers. They MUST turn it over to the city PD because campuses do not have prosecutors or judges, i.e. a legal system.
try telling that to the Police at La Porte High School. The Campus Police at major Universities are real Policemen. You go to jail when they arrest you. They answer to the Public and use the legal system just like normal Police officers.

I linked a story a few posts back about how Penn State is exempt from the Public Records law so if the Campus Police Department falls under that blanket they may as well be Rent-a-Cops...so I get your point.

The more I see how the PA laws are written to report things like child abuse, and how Penn State isn't legally bound to open their records, it just amazes me to think that somebody let this happen. It's like something out of the Soviet Union...its just arrogantly dirty.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote