View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011   #15
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Houston sports curse......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Houston is so CURSED!

How? When the Oilers lost the playoffs game, 5 mos. later, the city STILL won a major title.

Cursed.

The Oilers went 2-14 the next year, only to see another major title win.

Cursed.

Albert Pujols hit a 3 run BOMB to crush hopes of a WS berth, only for Oswalt to say "**** you, St. Louis" 2 nights later.

Cursed.
You conveniently left out how after Oswalt said F you, the WS went.......back to the drawing board.

Lol...I like your posts though don't get me wrong, I often lol....the anger at everyhthing is very raw to be sure. Also, in my OP I pointed out some of this is in jest, helps to read entire posts. You're far from the only one wanting more than mediocrity and ths curse thing is not something used to console myself like I think you do by using the worn out in your face posts speaking of clowns. I have to commend you though, taking a tongue in cheek thread on something I think a lot of Houston fans think about and taking this stance.

Also, Bill, I account for the Dynamo too, but left it at that.

I guess I need to clarify what I thought was obvious....."Major" sporting championships. Not those deemed "2nd tier" if you will. I don't care about Rice winning cricket matches or some bullshit lol.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote