View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011   #52
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 304149 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I hate the "injury prone" label. It's stupid. Very few football players are prone to injury more than others. Matt Schaub is no more likely to be injured than any other pocket QB. It's not like he has calcium deficiency and brittle bones. It's not even like he has big guys hitting him every play, like many other positions on the field. So stop with the label already. They're all football players and they all get pounded.

That said, it's ridiculous to blast the observation that, in point of fact, Matt Schaub will have missed 16 games in the past 5 seasons by the end of this one.
"Injury prone", no.

Prone to putting himself in positions that might increase the chance of injury? Perhaps.

Earlier in his Texans career, he tended to hold on to the ball too long. I remember some of those Haynesworth hits that just confused me why he didn't get rid of the ball like other QBs do.

I think this injury, though, was just a victim of circumstance. Run that play 20 times and 19 of them he's fine.