View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011   #42
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think it has more to do with the timing of the post. At least to me it does. My Wheaties still have piss in them, ok. Ha

Schaub has had his share of health issues during his tenure here, but it's been 40+ games since he last missed a game.

Anywho, I'm ready to move on with 'Hot Tub'. I've talked myself into thinking there won't be a huge drop off.
Pretty much the bolded.

I also don't like ragging on players for getting injured. The whole tone of calling them brittle rubs me the wrong way. These guys basically are putting their future health and comfort on the line to entertain us (yes, I know they get paid for it also). Look at Earl Campbell and some of the other vets who have trouble getting around and live their retirement in pain.

Gonna start rambling here, but nobody hates getting hurt more than the players themselves. I do sideline pics at high school games, and had to watch a good friend of my son, who I love like a 2nd son, get a mcl injury early in the playoff game Sat night. The poor kid was just sobbing on the sideline, not in pain, but because he couldn't finish the game.

I just don't understand the need to criticize someone for being injured. But I also have had some significant injuries myself, so can totally sympathize with the player.