View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011   #408
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Funny thing is... that same kind of aura sums up the Texas Longhorns community. It's a college town sort of thing. I'm still stunned by the depravity that went on within the Penn State community starting with McQeary and Joe Paterno. The program deserves the NCAA death penalty for this reason alone. Its alumni and boosters are out of control.
I think that same observation could be made by the local residents near any major football power. However, I wouldn't go too far here. While I might entertain that they are ALL guilty of cutting corners or downright cheating to win, I'd still like to believe that most programs have at least one good man or woman who would speak out against the crimes perpetrated and covered up at Penn State.

The fish stinks from the head. Had the leadership at Penn State not condoned the activity through inaction or not wanting to know, this would have been a crime that had been committed and punished a decade ago.