View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans are steeping on team's throats

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I never understood the desire to fire him after our first & only (to date) winning season.

Just to say that tells you where the franchise was.

If you think they underachieved in 2008, then again in 2009, I understand putting him on the hotseat, but to fire him, I'm just not getting it, especially since he delivered a non-losing season & a winning season in those years.

Fire him after 2010, makes sense to me. Not only did they underachieve, not only did they have a losing season, but they fielded a historically poor pass defense.
That was his worst display of coaching in his entire history here. Gary single handily kept the team out of the playoffs by sticking Chris Brown the RB in there to screw 3 games at the end when Brown had done nothing positive in any of those games to get the confidence to "close the game." We also had the kicker lose two games for us and Gary wouldn't even try out new kickers in practice. He just let Kris Brown continue to kick when he was struggling. But the fact that Chris Brown the RB was pushed in during games where he fumbled on the GL like twice and threw a pick to lose 3 games was simply awful coaching that year.

That isn't the point though. Gary didn't get fired and he is still here now. Nothing can be done about that. This was a thread started to commend how the team is playing and you guys that constantly complain about threads involving the HC being fired or not are doing just that and bringing up the discussion to debate all over again. You guys are always complaining when fans are criticizing the team after multiple bad performances, but in reality you guys are whiny at other posters whether they're complimenting the team or whether they're criticizing the team. A huge complaint about this franchise over the years has been about how they couldn't step on a team's throat when they had a decent lead or when they had control of a game, and they're starting to show that now. Let folks celebrate it and enjoy some of the positive things they're seeing that have never been existent with this franchise. They're in a good place for the time being, and that's what's being talked about here.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote