View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011   #374
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
I read in this that McQuery had stopped a knife fight between players. Why would he not stop the rape of a 10 year old boy by an unarmed naked man?
What kind of power/influence does Sandusky have over everyone?? Makes one wonder what more will be coming out in the next few weeks.
with this being said i believe it was already common knowledge on the coaching staff that Sandusky was a pedifile thats why he didnt report Sandusky to police instead he just went to JoePa. Barry Switzer said this below:

Former Oklahoma University and Dallas Cowboys coach Barry Switzer says members of the Penn State coaching staff had to be aware of former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky’s alleged behavior.

“Having been in this profession a long time and knowing how close coaching staffs are, I knew that this was a secret that was kept secret. Everyone on that had to have known, the ones that had been around a long time,” Switzer said in an interview with The Oklahoman newspaper.

Former Oklahoma University and Dallas Cowboys coach Barry Switzer says members of the Penn State coaching staff had to be aware of former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky’s alleged behavior. (AP Photo)Switzer added that others outside the Penn State
program had to have known as well.

“You think that a 13-year assistant ... hasn’t told someone else? His wife? His father? People knew. The community knew,” Switzer said.

Switzer said the tragedy of the situation was that no one stepped up to put a stop to Sandusky.

“There are more people culpable
than just Joe Paterno and the athletic director. There are so many other people that have thought, ‘I could’ve done something about this, too’ that didn’t come forward. That’s the tragedy of it,” he said.

Switzer said that the university's trustees did the right thing by firing by Paterno on Wednesday night, but added that "there are no winners here.”
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote