View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011   #371
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
I read in this that McQuery had stopped a knife fight between players. Why would he not stop the rape of a 10 year old boy by an unarmed naked man?

What kind of power/influence does Sandusky have over everyone?? Makes one wonder what more will be coming out in the next few weeks.
The knife fight wasn't going to bring massive shame to the University. This was, so he went to the mob boss, er I mean Paterno. Corporatism...patriotism...partisanism... protecting the greater image, protecting the brand...Worshiping false idols. There is a bully atmosphere to those who speak out negatively against the "cause" or brand in this kind of atmosphere so you go to the decision maker. Its akin to being brainwashed. I see it here in blind partisan bickering where one perpetually excuses the behavior of their side as if it was a sign of weakness to speak the truth. In these cultures some stop thinking for oneself and lets their leaders, bosses, Governments, football coaches...whomever, think for you since being a "loose cannon" tends to be frowned upon. I think McQuery took care of his own self interest once he told Paterno and was rewarded with his promotion from Graduate assistant to position coach. quid pro quo stuff.

Bottom line I think it falls under the category of worshiping false idols and being afraid to think for yourself. He was lawyered up with some advice to keep it under his hat - then he was rewarded nicely. It's turned into an Twilight Zone episode for him though, thankfully.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote