View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011   #366
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This whole event reeks of a witch hunt. Maybe I'm missing something but I have yet to see anything that warrants Paterno being fired after 61 years of loyal service to Penn state.

Im sorry i try and ignore these type of topics so like I have said, maybe I have missed something. Has there been any solid evidence that shows Paterno did anything wrong. I know people are upset he didn't go to the police after a student reported to him having seen something. Yet there are conflicting reports out there about what the witness actually reported at the time to Paterno.
Many of us, including myself, came into this thread with a similar sentiment. After reading the grand jury report or one of the good summaries referenced here, many changed their minds. This group also includes me.

I'd say most of the ones not swayed by the published facts are Penn State fans, can't get past Paterno's (former) aura of respect, or are to stubborn to change an opinion once stated.

I'm sure there are few in good conscience who also aren't swayed.

Read the facts linked to in the threads. The logical conclusion is disturbing. No spin or fact twisting required.