View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011   #336
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
We can all say how we hope would would react to this situation, but none of us can be sure how we would. Not much different than having a gun pointed at you/having it pointed at somebody. You don't know what is in you until it happens.

Regardless of what I would really do (I'd bet on giving the guy a savage beating with a blunt object) I'm pretty sure "What about my career?" would never cross my mind if I saw a kid getting raped.
Exactly. Who knows what I would actually do. I can promise violence would be involved, I just know me and I know how I react. How far it would go would be the question as well as the outcome. That's not beating my chest or being overly masculine or something, I just know what I have done in the past when it has come to defeing family on lesser situations so I am fairly able to predict my reaction were I this guy.

That said, I agree, even if it wasn't violence outright, "what about my career?" is just effed up and as I laid out, at least do SOMETHING other than what was done, right then and there to save that kid.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote