View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011   #319
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Example:

I live next door to a person. I heard a kid screaming for his life, and crying like his arm was being cut off or something. So I called CPS.

CPS shows up, the kid has a bruise under his left eye. So now the kid was taken away because the math adds up.

Too bad, for that person, that his kid had been in a fight at school earlier that day...and the noise I heard was a movie playing and a secene where someone was screaming and a kid was crying in the background.

A person's kid was taken away because I called CPS on a whim. I thought I was doing the right thing. It took several days for the person to have the school contact CPS and clarify that the boy had indeed been in a fight earlier that day, but the damage is done--A kid was removed from a home because I freaked out over something.
Calling the cops in response to a crime is the opposite of vigilantism. I realize you can continue to make bad examples to try and refute this, but that says more about your willingness to twist reality to back your rants than anything else.

Passing the buck and letting the matter drop when it is clear nothing was done is enabling the crime.