View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011   #307
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
That's the quickest example I can give. I have said over and over that Joe Paterno, according to reports, went to a superior and reported what was told to him. What else do you do? Vigilantism? It's not vigilantism to report thinigs to the cops, but this situation got away from a lot of people. The only thing he could have done, in retrospect, was quit and walk away because of maybe thinking PSU and its power players were never going to do anything of great consequence to address it properly, legally.

For that, "Yeah, Joe Paterno messed up." But Like I said, I believe in his world the colors turned to gray in a hurry...next up, gameplanning for their next opponent on Saturday. We can analayze this nine ways to Sunday, I just don't see how Paterno himself is guilty of the acts by Sandusky. I feel like Paterno is guilty by mere association.
A Grad student comes to your home with his Father and tells you he hears "rhythmic slapping noises" coming from the shower, then investigates and then see's your linebacker coach plowing some 10 year old boy in the anus, spread eagle in your shower, and you think its ok to just "tell your boss". This is a morally vacant position, no way around it. I'm sorry that I know this about you now. Some of you guys are so quick to destroy your credibility and reputation around here just to hear yourself talk...amazes me.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote