View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011   #306
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Example:

I live next door to a person. I heard a kid screaming for his life, and crying like his arm was being cut off or something. So I called CPS.

CPS shows up, the kid has a bruise under his left eye. So now the kid was taken away because the math adds up.

Too bad, for that person, that his kid had been in a fight at school earlier that day...and the noise I heard was a movie playing and a secene where someone was screaming and a kid was crying in the background.

A person's kid was taken away because I called CPS on a whim. I thought I was doing the right thing. It took several days for the person to have the school contact CPS and clarify that the boy had indeed been in a fight earlier that day, but the damage is done--A kid was removed from a home because I freaked out over something.

That's the quickest example I can give. I have said over and over that Joe Paterno, according to reports, went to a superior and reported what was told to him. What else do you do? Vigilantism? It's not vigilantism to report thinigs to the cops, but this situation got away from a lot of people. The only thing he could have done, in retrospect, was quit and walk away because of maybe thinking PSU and its power players were never going to do anything of great consequence to address it properly, legally.

For that, "Yeah, Joe Paterno messed up." But Like I said, I believe in his world the colors turned to gray in a hurry...next up, gameplanning for their next opponent on Saturday. We can analayze this nine ways to Sunday, I just don't see how Paterno himself is guilty of the acts by Sandusky. I feel like Paterno is guilty by mere association.

So again, you want come with unrelated examples, instead of taking even a a couple of minutes to find out why people have specific opinions about this subject. None are denying your examples, but you are denying the specifics of the current conversation. That's we are and should be hostile to you, because are not respectful to us.

You have the right to express an opinion and we in trun have right to evaluate and in turn tell you why your opionion is meaningless.