View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011   #294
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I worked in a school for four years, and we were trained that if we suspected child abuse among any of our students...we were to tell SCHOOL OFFICIALS first and foremost.

At that point, you are technically not guilty of covering it up. You told your school official, and it's now his/her job to go forward and alert authorities.

If everybody ran to the authorities without consulting their superior first...you can't begin to imagine the havoc it could create in all job environments that involve minors (kids). The allegation is a serious thing in of itself, and you have to channel it through administration so that the proper people (administrators) are doing what their job entails; Administrative duties such as following up on what a teacher, or coach, has reported as POSSIBLE child abuse.

If Paterno went to a school official, it's not as if he can also go and lead the charge to bring down Sandusky himself. Sounds good, when we're sitting here playing the What If? game, but like I said: This thing is not as simple as we'd like it to be.

Unless Paterno has more hidden away than what we know of through the current media reports, I am having a hard time passing down blame to him for the actions of people above him (administrators) or formerly connected to him (Sandusky). Like I said, he had to go--it was the smart play--but I won't sit here and carve the guy up as if he didn't do enough.
sounds like you have been brainwashed by the corporate comrades. If someone sees anyone raping your kid in the anus you better hope they have the integrity to call the police instead of following some bullshit corporate protocol. You haven't read the links I gave you. I know because I just gave it to you and you have been too busy writing contrary rants like you usually do.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote