View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011   #234
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The thing that gets me about this case is that people are wanting to burn Joe Pa at the stake and the more I read into it, it does sound like he should have done more to get this coach out of there and anyone involved I'd say. Just skimming some of the pages in here, I"m finding out more and more and it's harder and harder to see the POV of some of the posters who want to defend Joe Pa. He wasn't the perpetrator though, and I can't believe that he is being WAY more talked about and burned here than the actual guy who did it.

What gets me the most is all of the inconsistencies on this subject though. Shoot, for the last few years I've been having to hear posters on this board, celebs, and other random folks all over the place praising the biggest child molester of all time in Michael Jackson who had a pedophile ranch, paid off his accusers, openly admitted to doing all types of things that were obvious as day, and yet so many people have turned a blind eye to all of that and just stated that he was "weird" or that his daddy messed him up and all types of pathetic spin efforts. Sorry, but this may be from left field, but I think half the people in this thread that are wanting Joe Pa burned at the stake are big time hypocrites, because I remember hearing a lot of people celebrating MJ when he passed and wanting to "look the other way" every time it was mentioned, and MJ was far bigger than this story if people really wanted to read about all of that stuff that went on. MIKE TYSON is another perfect example as well. Dude raped a woman and sexually assaulted Peter Welcsh's daughter when she was a minor and also beat the living crap out of Robyn Givens, yet Mike Tyson is hardly ever even mentioned amongst rapists and guys of this kind and his career and his legacy is constantly being headlined and covered as if these things never happened. It is sounding more and more like Joe Pa's criticisms here are warrented though, the more that I read about what he "had to have known" at certain points. Joe Pa could have had this guy fired no question. He had more power and seniority than anyone at that program.

Sorry, I know that this post is going to tick a few people off. It wasn't my intention, so I'll apologize for how it may have come off, but if rape and pedophilia is so wrong which it damn sure is, then folks need to be a lot more consistent when putting the clues together and turning a blind eye because of who they like or dislike as entertainers, coaches, and athletes.
Agree - I tried to rep you, but got that thingy that I must spred rep.