View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011   #230
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

A horrible horrible story.

I cannot say that I've seen all the evidence available - but if sure looks like there are a few guilty parties in this case for not reporting this to the highest possible law enforcement bodies when finding out about the abuse. With the amount of charges that are being leveled in this case - I can't imagine that the crimes were trail-less - and sadly that seems to include many members of the Penn State hierarchy.

The decisions to keep this 'in house' are the most damning part of the response to the crimes committed - and for men who are in a duty of care, they completely failed their roles. Despite being educators of young men, their training and experience should be able to cover a broad base of ages - and as part of their training would know protocol and proper procedure for cases like this.

It is a sickening affair - caused by one horrible man, and made worse by many more.